We love bicycling as a lifestyle, culture, and sport. We love to ride, build, restore, oggle and sometimes race bicycles. We also love to talk on at great length about our ideas, opinions and exploits involving all of the above. Welcome to our BLOG!

Abandon Your Car is not a slogan or ideology so much as a reminder to all of us to get away from our petro-mobiles as often as we possibly can and embark on life as an adventure by bicycle.

We'll keep you current on the important road and trail beta from our home base in Palisade, Colorado and shower you with our .02 cents about the ongoings of bicycle tribes the world over.

Be sure to tune in for Danny, AKA: the Young Apprenctice, providing the ever important perspectives of a college-bound bike geek and all around brainiac in his NORCAL Updates.

We're glad you're here- look around, drop the Bike Master a line and then get out and ride for awhile- you'll be glad you did!





go to our most recent posting here.





Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Image for Today

Collegiate season started for me with sort of a bang - literally, I kind of blew up.

My first race of the season was at Stanford's John C. Schlesinger Memorial Criterium around Specialized's headquarters in Morgan Hill, CA. 

With 4 laps to go, as I was sitting maybe 6 back from the first man on UC Davis' lead out train, 6 guys went down out of a corner behind me. The subsequent ambulance and fire truck parked on course resulted in a 45minute neutralization, and when they started us again with 7 laps to go, I pretty much blew off the back. 

Still, it was fun.

The real fun came this past Sunday, when the UC Berkeley Cycling Team hosted its very own race weekend, complete with RR, TTT, and a Sunday criterium right through the streets of Berkeley.

The entire team was on the crit course at 5am for set up, and by the time 8am rolled around, I was barely donning the team kit and putting the bike on the trainer for a quick warm up. 

Long story short, the race didn't exactly go my way, but that's okay, because if I hadn't told you that, you'd think I was off the front in this picture:


My collegiate race season will soon be coming to an end - March 30th at the UC Davis criterium. Yeah, three races isn't a super impressive introductory season, but the way I see it, it'll sling shot me into race shape for the summer road season. 

Check back in a couple weeks for my final results - if all goes to plan, I should end up somewhere close to the podium...

1 comment:

  1. hey Danny:
    thanks for taking time from your busy schedule to post up about your collegiate cycling career.
    don't worry too much about the crash / neutralization / heavy legs messing up what otherwise would have been a glorious finish. keep the tubulars on the tarmac and stay near the front next time out. your day will come.

    ReplyDelete