We love bicycling as a lifestyle, culture, and sport. We love to ride, build, restore, oggle and sometimes race bicycles. We also love to talk on at great length about our ideas, opinions and exploits involving all of the above. Welcome to our BLOG!

Abandon Your Car is not a slogan or ideology so much as a reminder to all of us to get away from our petro-mobiles as often as we possibly can and embark on life as an adventure by bicycle.

We'll keep you current on the important road and trail beta from our home base in Palisade, Colorado and shower you with our .02 cents about the ongoings of bicycle tribes the world over.

Be sure to tune in for Danny, AKA: the Young Apprenctice, providing the ever important perspectives of a college-bound bike geek and all around brainiac in his NORCAL Updates.

We're glad you're here- look around, drop the Bike Master a line and then get out and ride for awhile- you'll be glad you did!





go to our most recent posting here.





Saturday, August 13, 2011

image for today

Dave has finally received clearance from his surgeon to get on the bike! He was told to start with the trainer and so he did (for about a 15 minute warm-up before busting out onto the pave)- trying hard to follow doctor's orders, but one must maintain some sanity. Needless to say- he is back and getting stronger everyday!



2 comments:

  1. Aunt Jen - Beautiful pictures! The riding out in Palisade is absolutely gorgeous...I'm so incredibly jealous.

    That Alma sure is a different 29er. I was surprised how much I could make the headtube flex :-/

    The 'stache in the last picture is also classic. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess its different- neither of us cared for it. I certainly like the speed I can get out of any 29'r, but I found this set up clunky and not especially flexible at all- of course I can't say I have ever appreciated headtube flex on any bike and I'm not sure I'd want to!
    I suspect Trish will not choose the Orbea- but who knows, lots more 29" rigs to demo and, of course, she loved how the Eriksen 650b climbs!

    ReplyDelete