We love bicycling as a lifestyle, culture, and sport. We love to ride, build, restore, oggle and sometimes race bicycles. We also love to talk on at great length about our ideas, opinions and exploits involving all of the above. Welcome to our BLOG!

Abandon Your Car is not a slogan or ideology so much as a reminder to all of us to get away from our petro-mobiles as often as we possibly can and embark on life as an adventure by bicycle.

We'll keep you current on the important road and trail beta from our home base in Palisade, Colorado and shower you with our .02 cents about the ongoings of bicycle tribes the world over.

Be sure to tune in for Danny, AKA: the Young Apprenctice, providing the ever important perspectives of a college-bound bike geek and all around brainiac in his NORCAL Updates.

We're glad you're here- look around, drop the Bike Master a line and then get out and ride for awhile- you'll be glad you did!





go to our most recent posting here.





Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers' Day!

Well, after a couple delayed flights and some nasty airport food, I finally landed in good ol' Grand Junction, Colorado. Aunt Jen and I drove back to Fruita where I essentially bonked after an awesome pizza.

Anyway, this post isn't my lengthy recall of Friday's travels. This post is dedicated to my father, and all other fathers who like to frequent the blog. You guys are awesome, and what you do for your families is really appreciated. Believe me.

So, the day after I landed, I awoke to some nice breakfast foods to munch, and the day went on with some morning bike maintenance and lessons. After the afternoon and dinner, we embarked on my first ride ever on Fruita singletrack. Of course, it was a nice beginner trail, but I really loved the ride and it showed me what there is to love about this place.

The picture taken is before the start of the downhill Kestler Run. It's a nice beginner trail off the 18 Road in Fruita.

Here we are, bombin' down the trail. Dave was close behind to give me some pointers on form and control when descending slightly technical singletrack. Speaking of which, the singletrack here is way different than what I rode on last summer in Steamboat. There's not as much tall brush, which clears up some claustrophobia. Very fun!

Moving on to today, after some awesome brunch with a couple of Dave and Aunt Jen's friends, Aunt Jen and I went out for a different trail experience in Loma. Dave opted to stay home after a small incident on the road in the afternoon. We hit up the Rustler's loop.

An awesome view of the Colorado River awaited Aunt Jen and I after we started riding. Here's a big thumbs up behind the monstrous wheels of the 29er that I'm riding. It likes the speed!

...And off into the distance we go. This trail was more technical than the one off of the 18 Road, so there were some great little obstacles to play around with and maneuver. Both were great rides, and I'm looking forward to some more in the coming weeks.

So, that's that. Lots of fun to be had out here, and I'm hoping that there was lots of fun out in California today, too. Happy Fathers' Day, Dad.

PS: There's a video, but I'm useless when it comes to that thar YouTube stuffs. Stay tuned for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment