We love bicycling as a lifestyle, culture, and sport. We love to ride, build, restore, oggle and sometimes race bicycles. We also love to talk on at great length about our ideas, opinions and exploits involving all of the above. Welcome to our BLOG!

Abandon Your Car is not a slogan or ideology so much as a reminder to all of us to get away from our petro-mobiles as often as we possibly can and embark on life as an adventure by bicycle.

We'll keep you current on the important road and trail beta from our home base in Palisade, Colorado and shower you with our .02 cents about the ongoings of bicycle tribes the world over.

Be sure to tune in for Danny, AKA: the Young Apprenctice, providing the ever important perspectives of a college-bound bike geek and all around brainiac in his NORCAL Updates.

We're glad you're here- look around, drop the Bike Master a line and then get out and ride for awhile- you'll be glad you did!





go to our most recent posting here.





Sunday, March 28, 2010

NorCal Weekend Ride Report, March 28, 2010

Well, hello once again AYC patrons!

Today was another beautiful in sunny Lake Chabot, and once again, the trails were hopping. Explored the Ten Hills Trail today, which made my total ride length estimated at about 10 miles. Total ride time was an hour and fifty minutes (you have to be precise about these types of things, dontchya know) and it got off to a pretty rocky start. After my first climb (the rutted single track where I crashed and burned last Sunday), I was starting to feel pretty sick, but I kept going and eventually got over it.

I felt like today was going to be the day where I did the entire trail loop, but upon reaching the choice of a bridge leading that way, or to the Ten Hills Trail, I heard someone talking about it being a 5 hour trip. While it probably wouldn't be, I opted to just go for ten hills rather than walking the half mile, 19% gradient monster on the other side of the bridge. It was a good ride, but now it's time for homework. And nobody likes that.

PS: I took a bunch of pictures of the trail with my phone today, but it turns out my school-mandated computer doesn't support BlueTooth. I will leave you with the trail map, so you can look about.

3 comments:

  1. way to branch out and see where the trail might lead you!
    we had a road race weekend (Dave rode, I supported) and it was really, really hard. I think Dave will relate to your feeling of "sick" in the first part of your ride (he puked in the second of four laps with the Pro 1/2s- but never gave up) What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, eh? UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did he podium? Even if not, a Pro1/2 would have most people on the side of the road after the first lap, so congrats for staying with it.

    I'm itching for some new trails. Maybe I'll have to explore the monster next Sunday. I get to help some guy named George (I was volunteered by mom's boss) in his garden on Wednesday and Friday, so I've got that going for me.

    I look forward to your guys' next report!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no podium this time- just survived to ride another day (after sleeping for about 12 hours)! I'm sure he'll post some pictures and regale with stories as soon as he gets back from Oak Creek...
    Get outside, stay active and work on some basic sit up/ push up business EVERY SINGLE day. You are bound to be getting stronger!

    ReplyDelete